Waterford Care Instructions
Caring for Crystal
- Waterford Crystal recommends that you hand-wash your crystal one piece at a time in moderately hot water using a mild detergent. Use a soft cleaning cloth – do not use scouring pads or abrasive cleansers.
- The interiors of decanters and vases, which are often inaccessible, can be cleaned by pouring in rice with warm soapy water and swirling the mixture around.
- After washing in detergent, rinse your crystal well in clean water then air dry on a draining rack or hand dry with a soft lint-free cloth. The rims are naturally the weakest part of stemware, so do not place glasses upside down on the draining rack or when storing them. When hand drying, hold the glass by the bowl but refrain from twisting the stem and the bowl in opposite directions as this can cause the stem to snap.
- Tests (by association) suggest that repeated washings in very hot water and detergent can create a cloudy look on the surface of the finest crystal. Waterford Crystal does not recommend cleaning crystal using a dishwasher as the extreme heat and abrasive cleaners may mark the surface of the crystal. Jostling in a dishwasher could also cause chipping or cracking.
- To prevent cracking or breakage caused by extreme temperature variations, do not pour cold liquids into crystal that has just been washed in hot water. Likewise, allow chilled crystal to reach room temperature before immersing in hot water.
- To safely remove wax from your crystal candlesticks after use, place your candlestick in the freezer for 10 minutes. The wax will harden, allowing it to easily peel away. Do not use water to remove wax.
- A selection of Waterford drinkware products are identified as dishwasher safe and can be cleaned in the dishwasher. Care should be taken when handling and stacking items, ensuring products are not in contact with any other items. Poor stacking can lead to damage of products.
Dishwasher ClaimA selection of Waterford drinkware products are identified as dishwasher safe and can be cleaned in the dishwasher. Care should be taken when handling and stacking items, ensuring products are not in contact with any other items. Poor stacking can lead to damage of products.Where Waterford drinkware products are identified as dishwasher safe, this is subject to domestic dishwasher testing under the following conditions;• A low temperature dishwashing cycle with prewash (<65°C), modern dishwashers may offer specific cycles for Crystal and Glassware.• Use of a high quality, mild detergent.• Up to 175 washes.